Revision - April 10th to 13th 2020
E Werk Saarbrücken, Germany
- Only submit your own work. In a cooperative effort any of the people involved may submit the final result.
- If you submit something, you have to be present at the party. No exceptions!
- PLEASE try to upload your entry as soon as possible, we have a LOT of entries to look at so the earlier we can check that your entry works the better - you will also have more time to fix things, too!
- Entries which we cannot be run on the compo machines will be disqualified. To prevent this you can ask us to test your production on the compo machines. Do this timely and you will even have time to fix any problems that might pop up.
- Racism, child pornography and any kind of content that violates German law will be disqualified. Period.
- Entries have to be free of third party rights unless you have a legal license to use the given content. This means no ripped music or vocal samples, no movie snippets, no closeups of trademarked logos, etc. Violations will result in immediate disqualification. If you are unsure what exactly is allowed and what isn't, please have a look at the copyright page or contact us. Having no GEMA stuff to worry about does not give you a free copyright card. So beware!
- We have the right not to show your production on the bigscreen if we think them to be total crap or detestable, even in competitions without preselection. This does not disqualify your production and you can still vote for it. Please save yourself from having freedom of speech discussion - you can of course say what you want, but you certainly cannot force us to help you with it.
- All shown entries will be spread. We will do our best to make them available on our compo server directly after the competition was held.
- We have the right to skip parts in demos during the competitions, especially scroller parts and endscrollers. This to keep the total compo running time down and keep it interesting. People interested in reading the full scrolltext can watch it on their own.
- If there are less than three entries for a compo, the given compo will either be cancelled or combined with another compo, with your permission. Should the compo be cancelled, your productions won't be spread, so you can release them elsewhere.
- Compo entries may not have been released before. Pure rips or copies will be kicked from the competition without further notice. Audio-visual works (demos, intros, games and videos) may use previously published material such as soundtracks or artwork, provided the work as a whole is substantially new. How substantial this needs to be is decided by the compo organizer, if you are in doubt on this please contact us before the party.
- Pure animations are not accepted, except in the Animation/Video and Animated GIF competition.
- As we are uploading the release archives to the Scene.Org servers during and immediately after the party, please keep your archives CLEAN and LOGICAL. We do not have the time to re-pack every release so don't blame us when your release archive on Scene.Org looks crappy.
- And finally: Deadline extensions for you and your production are a privilege, not a right. Every deadline extension has to be agreed upon by the compo organizer, do not assume that you have it without contacting the compo team.
- Should you violate these rules we have the right to disqualify your entry during and up to 3 months after Revision. Should this occur we will update the compo results. As a consequence of this you agree to return any prizes you might have received to Revision.
- Disqualified entries will not be spread and can not be voted for.
- Disqualifications are final.